Marketing and Communications provides writing, editing, design and print services for Pellissippi State’s electronic and printed publications. “Publication” is defined by the Tennessee Board of Regents as “any printed matter which is produced for general distribution outside the campus.”
If you have a need for a publication, Marketing and Communications can assist you with every aspect of the process. We will begin by helping you to define your target audience and select strategies to best reach those individuals while staying within your budget and deadline. Then we will work with you on a message and design that communicates most effectively to your audience. We’ll even assist with publishing your piece, whether you use our in-house Print Shop, an outside printer or the Web.
All publications are produced in keeping with the College’s brand. To help achieve this, Marketing and Communications has developed editorial standards and graphic guidelines for all publications.
Per TBR policy (https://policies.tbr.edu/guidelines/publications), all publications intended for an external audience must be reviewed, approved, and assigned a publication number by Marketing and Communications.
For publication-related questions or requests, contact Cindy Tanner, publications coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (865) 539-7089.
Please note that writing and editing are offered at no charge. However, our office is required to charge for design and printing.
Major publications produced by the office include the following:
- Pellissippi State Catalog and Handbook—an annual electronic publication detailing programs, courses, student policies and more
- Program Guide—a marketing/informational booklet containing specifics on all academic programs
- The Arts at Pellissippi State booklet—an annual publication highlighting the many arts events at the College
- Student Enrollment Guide—a step-by-step guide for enrollment
- “Connections”—a twice-yearly print magazine that focuses on the people, projects and events that define Pellissippi State
- “Inside Pellissippi”—a weekly electronic newsletter for faculty and staff
- “Insider”—a monthly electronic newsletter for friends of the College
- Annual Report