HESI A2 Entrance Exam
The Health Education Systems Inc. Admission Assessment Exam-A2 (HESI A2) is required for all applicants by the Nursing department as part of its application process for entry into the Pre-Nursing program. The Nursing department will use your HESI-A2 results for your admissions ranking. This exam cannot hurt your chances for admissions, but can only help add points to your ranking score. If student scores above an 80% on the Math, Reading and Vocabulary sections, that student is eligible for bonus ranking points.
You must pay for the exam first and then schedule your exam early to ensure date and time availability. Students are allowed to take the nursing entrance exam once per application period.
Steps for HESI A2 Payment
Please allow four hours for the exam. Test results are available immediately. The cost of the exam is $37. Day, evening, and weekend testing hours are available: HESI WILL REOPEN FOR 2018 APPLICATION IN AUGUST 2017
1. To register for the HESI A2, go to https://hesistudentaccess.elsevier.com/payments.html?PaymentID=8079
- In the HESI Secured Exams section, click the link that says: Register for Results and Remediation.
- Click Register For This Now to place this in your cart, and then Redeem/Checkout from the cart screen.
If you are a returning user, enter your Evolve username and password and click Login.
If you are new to Evolve? Create an account:
- Desired password
- Institution Information (Country: United States, State: Tennessee, City: Knoxville, Institution: Pellissippi State, Program Type: Nursing-Associate Degree, Graduation Year of Graduation: 2019, Student ID: Your PNumber)
Once you have successfully registered, you will be directed to MY CART – Review and Submit
- Check box in front of “Yes, I accept the Registered User Agreement”
- Click Submit
You will be directed to MY CART – Confirmation
- Click the highlighted blue MY EVOLVE link in the green text box
- Click the My Evolve link on the top of the page - thenHESI Assessment — Student Access
2. Once you are successfully logged in, select HESI Assessment — Student Access > Payments. Sections 1 and 2 should be pre-populated with your payment ID and information. If information does not pre-populate: Pellissippi State’s Payment ID is 8079. Section 2 will be filled in with your information.
3. Enter your billing information into Section 3. After payment confirmation, a proof of payment statement will be displayed and stored in your account under Payment History.
4. Any Questions please contact customer support at 1-800-222-9570 – Pellissippi State's Nursing Department cannot assist with payment issues.
To schedule with the Pellissippi Testing Center to take the HESI A2 exam:
- Login to myPellissippi (http://my.pstcc.edu).
- Under the Home tab, click on “Manage My Reservations/Appointment)” (at the top of the third column).
- Under the “Academic Testing Center Reservation” section, click on “click here to sign-up for an Academic Testing Center test online.”
- Click on “Sign-Up For A Test.”
- Type in the testing password. The password is hesi2017
- Select a testing session and complete registration. A confirmation e-mail will be sent once this is complete.
Registration or cancellation MUST be at least 24 hours prior to test. Please arrive 20 minutes early to the scheduled testing site. Those arriving late will NOT be allowed to test. Test sessions are available on all PSCC campuses.
Please familiarize yourself with the Testing Center Policies before you arrive to take the HESI-A2. You will need to bring a valid photo ID with you to the Testing Center as well as a receipt showing payment for the HESI-A2 test. Calculators are not allowed. Scratch paper and pencils are provided by the Testing Center. No cell phones, personal items or children will be permitted.
Once you have finished and submitted the HESI-A2, your results are automatically sent to the Nursing department.
For further information, please visit the Nursing Department's admissions page or call the Testing Center at 865-694-6454. For more information about studying for the HESI-A2 test, visit http://www.hesi-exam.com/
Testing period for the Traditional Nursing Program is available: July 15 – February 28.
Testing period for the Bridge-RN Program is available: July 15 – January 31.