Transferring into Pellissippi State's Nursing Department
Credit for Nursing Courses completed at a different School of Nursing (SoN):
Students may be allowed transfer credit for NURS 1150 Fundamentals of Nursing only. Credit may be considered based on the following criteria and approval of the Dean of Nursing:
- Course content comparable to PSCC NURS 11
(Fundamentals of Nursing validated by syllabus of transferred course work provided by the petitioner)
- Nursing course work no more than 18 months old from completion of course
- Skills comparable to PSCC NURS 1150 Fundamentals of Nursing
- Overall average of 78 or above
- Evaluation of prior course work will occur on an individual basis
A student who is unsuccessful or has withdrawn from a different School of Nursing (SoN):
- Students may apply for admission as a transfer student via our Transfer application.
- The student must submit a letter of recommendation from the dean of the previous school of nursing with the application.
- Only one request for transfer admission to the nursing program is permitted.
- Transfer admission to the nursing program is also contingent upon the availability of space.
Requirements for initial admission to the nursing program must be met in order for a student to be considered for transfer admission. Students with previous unsatisfactory clinical performance or lack of adherence to professional standards must be recommended for transfer admission by consensus of the nursing faculty.