Using the HTML Editor Tool
The HTML editor in D2L version 9 has been improved significantly over previous versions. Some of the more prominent changes include:
- Better consistency between browsers
- Better tools for adding equations to course content
- A new "Embed Stuff" option that makes it possible to embed media in a document without having to edit the source HTML
- The HTML editor is now much more consistent between browsers - whether you use Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer. The interface is similar to using Firefox in version 8.x.
- The Paste from Word icon on the Advanced toolbar now does a better job removing extraneous formatting when you copy and paste from Word.
- The Equation editor now offers the choice between the graphical editor, MathML, and LaTex. The editor also loads faster and is much more reliable.
Insert Stuff Button
- The Insert Stuff button gives you a quick way to embed media hosted on other sites within your own course documents.
Although it is possible to upload media files from your desktop and embed them in a document, we strongly recommend placing any file over 2 MB on our new media server. Please contact ETS for more information.
- From a video sharing site such as YouTube, Vimeo, Hulu, etc. copy the embed code for the video that you would like to use.
- Click on the Enter Embed Code button and paste the code you copied in the previous step inside the text area.
- Click Save.
Scan the barcode above using a QR code reader on your mobile device.
You can also access the video at the address below - http://tinyurl.com/2auy5j8