Here are our other instructional technology tools we offer to make building your course easier and faster.
Relay is a screen recording tool that allows instructors to create narrated presentations, capture all or part of a lecture and create a captioned movie of the screen actions recorded. The captions are created automatically and can then be edited to correct errors or omissions. Contact Brandon or Audrey for an account and more information.
- Relay Server - Download recorders, edit captions, and view online documentation
- Getting Started Guide
Respondus is a third party solution for creating quizzes and tests. It will interface with Desire2Learn differently than WebCT but can still be a time saver. You can also use it to print test/quizzes for classroom use. There are many textbook publishers who provide Respondus-ready testbanks.
Download the program (PASSWORD AND INSTALLATION KEY REQUIRED - contact ETS for information)
- Quick Start Guides: http://respondus.com/downloads/RespondusQuickStartGuide.pdf
- Training Videos: http://respondus.com/products/respondus/training.shtml
- Respondus Test Bank Network: http://www.respondus.com/testbank
- Using Respondus with Desire2Learn (PDF file)
Respondus LockDown Browser
Please note - PSCC is discontinuing use of the Respondus LockDown Browser on July 30, 2015.
Respondus LockDown Browser is available for Macintosh and Windows computers. When students use Respondus LockDown Browser they are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, or access other applications. When an assessment is started, students are locked into it until they submit it for grading. Existing quizzes in D2L can be set to require the browser in the quiz settings area and new quizzes in Respondus can also be set to require the browser.
Turnitin is a plagiarism detection service that integrates with the Dropbox tool in your online course. You can also use the built-in GradeMark service for paperless grading.
- Download the Instructor Quick Start Guide.
The SMART podium is a great tool for drawing students' attention to specific parts of the screen, annotating PowerPoint presentations, and more. All classrooms at Blount County have SMART Podiums installed and more are being added to each campus each year.
- PSCC Getting Started Guide and Video
- SMART Podium Quick Reference
- Floating Tools Quick Reference
- Notebook Quick Reference
Faculty Multimedia Studio
ETS also provides a "studio/lab" for more intensive instructional technology in the Faculty Multimedia Studio @ ETS. The workshop contains these tools:
- Adobe Acrobat Professional (PDF creation)
- Camtasia/SnagIt (screen motion capture and screen snapshot capture)
- Visual Communicator Pro (video capture and editing)
- iMovie (video editing)
- iDVD (DVD authoring)
- Audacity (audio editing)
- Digital Cameras
- Color printer
- DVD/CD burners
Microsoft IT Academy
The Microsoft IT Academy is an online learning platform and gateway to free professional certification in Microsoft Office. You can learn more about the program and download study guides from the library's website.