Using the Dropbox
The Dropbox tool replaces the need for you to mail, fax, or email assignments to your instructor. You can use the Dropbox tool to submit assignments online by uploading their files to designated folders where your instructor can pick up the files for grading and post helpful information. You can upload more than one file to a single Dropbox folder, but once the file has been submitted it cannot be removed.
Select the Dropbox link on the course home navigation bar to view a list of dropbox folders created by your instructor.
From this page you can view:
- A list of available folders
- Submission and feedback information
- Previously submitted assignments (by clicking history)
To submit assignments to the dropbox:
- Select the assignment name link to enter its folder.
- Click Add File and then click Browse to locate the assignment file that you want to upload. Repeat this process to upload multiple files for one assignment folder.
- Type a description or comment for the assignment file and click UPLOAD.
- Click DONE to return to the dropbox folder page. You can also click upload additional files on that screen as well.
- Select the blue folder name hyperlink to view the associated assignment.
- Click View Submission History to display any files and their comments and dates submitted with each file:
- If the assignment has been graded your instructor, you can click the Grades link to see if your assignment has been graded.
- There is no way for students to remove files once they have been submitted.
To view feedback from an instructor on an assignment, click the NEW icon in the feedback column (in yellow) on the dropbox folder list page:
The feedback page will now display.