Distance Learning Classrooms
I. Call to order Business Officer Ely Driver
II. Approval of minutes Ely Driver
III. Officer Reports
Secretary Jonathan Fowler
Faculty Council Nominating Committee for 2004-2005 are as follows:
Jonathan Fowler (Chair)
President Kathy Byrd
· Promotion-tenure documents
o New TBR P/T Policy to go into effect in 2005. Major changes include more documentation for candidate packets, a restriction that a candidate may apply for tenure one time only, and, in certain fields of study, promotion to Full Professor with a non-terminal degree
o Issue of promotion for administrative personnel was discussed and the following motion passed.
o MOTION: That the College follow the state policy for Promotion and Tenure this year, including for those who have been serving in administrative positions.
§ Motion passed
o MOTION: That we include Student Perception of Faculty under “Category A: Teaching” and that it not get a separate category in our evaluations.
§ Motion passed
· Learning Council
o After final expunge, it was learned that enrollment was down by ca. 1%, and that PSTCC has ca. 700 students on Lottery Scholarships.
IV. Committee Reports
· Steering Committee Kathy Byrd
1. Introduced Jonathan Morrell as adjunct faculty representative to Steering Committee
2. New schedule concerns (no discussion)
· Adjunct Faculty Kelly Waldrop
1. The pursuit of fee waivers for adjunct faculty to take classes at PSTCC is still being pursued but not at the TBR level. The possibility of Group insurance for adjuncts is also under investigation
· Promotion-Tenure Don Thomas/Janice Rowland No report
· Student Scholarships Math Department
for FC Booksale: March 2-3 on Parkway
Campus; February 21-23 at
· Rules Committee Don Thomas No report
· Evaluation Committee Wanda Scarbro No report
Ad Hoc Committees
· Faculty Forums Paul Baxter/Elaine Oswald No report
· Summer Semester Issues Don Thomas
o Looking for volunteers, and welcomes suggestions by email
V. Unfinished Business
VI. New Business
· MOTION: That Faculty Council form a committee to investigate RODP and other distance learning courses.
The motion passed
Paul Ramp to Chair the RODP committee.
VII. Announcements None
VIII. The meeting adjourned at .