The Placement Office seeks to serve the employers and industries in the community by providing access to our graduate and alumni files for review in order to provide the best possible work force for their organizations. Contact the Placement Office to arrange campus tours, recruiting sessions, campus interviews and to participate in job and career fairs.
Additional services provided to potential employers:
- Opportunity for posting positions electronically and on Job Boards at all Pellissippi locations
- Conduct tours to acquaint employers with information about programs and facilities available at Pellissippi State
- Set up recruiting table for on-campus recruiting by companies
- Make arrangements for on-campus interviews if requested by employers
- Conduct Job Fairs throughout the year
Access to Candidates
The Placement Office maintains files for recent graduates for entry level positions within a company or organization, alumni files for positions requiring some experience, and cooperative education files for part-time positions available to students who wish to gain experience while working toward their degree.
Employers may obtain resumes and information about potential candidates by contacting the Placement Office. Files will be faxed, e-mailed, mailed or may be picked up by the employer. Once the resumes have been reviewed, the employer may call any applicant for an interview. The employer is asked to notify the Placement Office when a Pellissippi applicant has been hired so that their file can be placed inactive and the information recorded for a mandatory state report.
When a job description or request for applicants is received by the Placement Office, resumes will be selected to fit that particular job and sent to the employer. Our office tries to make the very best possible match for both the employer and the graduate/student.