Steps to Take
- Obtain a high school diploma or GED
- Assess college/career goals for post high school.
- Take ACT/SAT with appropriate accommodations.
- Practice being a “self-advocate” by being able to explain your disability and the kinds of accommodations you need.
- Make sure your documentation of disability is up-to-date and meets college guidelines.
- Contact your local Vocational Rehabilitation Office for an appointment to discuss the possibility of assistance. (865-594-6060)
At Pellissippi State:
- Fill out an application for admission (opens in new window) (free)
- Apply for financial aid (opens in new window) Call (865-694-6400)
- Submit official high school/college transcripts and ACT scores to Pellissippi Admissions office. Call (865-694-6400)
- Disclose disability and provide appropriate disability documentation to Disability Services (disclosure is voluntary, but encouraged).
- Check with the Admissions office to see if you need to take a placement test, Call (865-694-6400)
- Contact the Disability Services office BEFORE taking the placement test to request accommodations (requests are voluntary, but encouraged).
- Take the placement test if necessary.
- Schedule an advising appointment to register for classes. Call (865-694-6556)
- Contact Disability Services (opens in new window) to request accommodations or other services (requests are voluntary, but encouraged).
- Attend Pellissippi State orientation program for new students.
- Pay tuition, buy books, and attend class.
Phone: 865.694.6411 Office Fax: 865-539-7699