Student Affairs Technology Support
The Student Affairs Division employs a Support Specialist which offers direct technology support to member departments. The Support Specialist is familiar with both division technology and Student Affairs business processes.
These services include:
- Technology Consulting Services: Working with Student Affairs staff to research, recommend, and implement the best technological solution to solve a problem or improve a business process.
- Managing Technology Resources: Responsible for supporting Student Affairs specific technologies
- Web Solutions: Creating custom web applications and online forms. Also maintain and optimize departmental websites, Self Service Banner (Student/Financial Aid), and myPellissippi (in partnership with Marketing and Communications).
- Sending Your Message To Students: You send us the message and the population of students to send to, and we’ll send it out for you! Will make sure your communication is web content accessible. Will also identify other appropriate electronic mediums to get your message out and update accordingly (including myPellissippi, web, social media, etc.).
- Data/Report Requests (Student/Financial Aid data)
- Banner Support, Optimizations, and Security Request Consultation (to submit to APS) (Student/Financial Aid data)
- Technology Training: Develop and provide training and support for functional and technical systems used within Student Affairs.
- Liaison Between IT and Student Affairs: Work in partnership with IT to articulate technological needs and implement/support solution.
- Emerging Technologies: Provide consultation and support on emerging technologies including mobile devices, social media, new web services, etc.
- Not listed above and it involves technology? Get in touch! More than likely there is help available.