Services for Students with Disabilities
Check out the Website Today!
Mission Statement from website:
Pellissippi State provides services and academic accommodations for students with disabilities, who self-identify as having a disability and provide appropriate documentation of the disability. Services for Students with Disabilities (SSWD) coordinates the services and academic accommodations for all students with disabilities. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Assistance with registration; new student advising
- Volunteer note-takers
- Notification to faculty of accommodation requests
- Extended/alternative testing
- Readers, scribes, and interpreters
- Tutor referrals
- Designated Liaisons to faculty, staff, and the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Use of campus assistive technology
According to the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA, 1990), "a student with a disability is someone who has a physical or mental impairment; has a history of impairment; or is believed to have a disability that substantially limits a major life activity such as learning, speaking, hearing, breathing, walking, caring for ones self, or performing manual tasks." (PSTCC-SSWD website)
Clue #13: Graduating and need to find a job? The market is tough, but there's no need to sob. We have some leads and know some folks. We'll help you out, and that's no joke!
Choose the correct place to go: