New Club Process
Every student organization is required to be formally recognized and approved in accordance with the regulations of the Student Life and Recreation Office (SLR), the College (Pellissippi State) and the Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR). Refer to Policy 04:01:00 for complete procedures. This is a brief summary of the steps:
- Set an appointment with the Director of Student Life and Recreation to discuss the procedure for establishing a student organization.
- Complete the Special Interest Group Application and return to the Director of Student Life and Recreation.
- Upon approval, promote your new group and hold an organizational meeting. SLR will provide a $50 budget, but all expenses must be pre-approved by the director.
- Find a Pellissippi State faculty member or administrator to be your advisor/s.
- Upon approval of the Special Interest Group application, the interest group will have sixty (60) days to complete the process for becoming an officially registered student organization.
Submit the following to apply for official status:
- If applicable, contact the national/regional organization for information regarding establishing an affiliated student chapter at the college.
- Initial approval of the application for organization lies with the Director of SLR. However, in accordance with institutional policy, the Assoc. Vice President of Student Success and Vice President for Academic and Student Success have final approval for student organizations.
- The Director of SLR will contact the special interest group as to its status as a registered student organization within two weeks of receiving proper documentation.
- Officers must meet with the Director of SLR to receive a brief orientation on policies and procedures. At that time they will receive an "official" student organization manual and may request funds from Fee Board.
- All registered student organizations at Pellissippi State are required to complete an annual report in April of each year to remain in good standing with the college.