Natural and Behavioral Science
female student listening to classroom lecture
African American male sitting at desk working and writing

A.S. or A.A. Degree

Students who wish to teach in a middle or high school setting or in Special Education, Music Education, ESL, Theatre, or in another specific concentration area should pursue an A.S. degree (Associate of Science) or an A.A. degree (Associate of Art).

Each student will major in the subject area which he/she wishes to teach and minor in education.

Note: These students must follow the curriculum for the school to which the student plans to transfer upon completion of their A.S. or A.A. degree in the level or concentration area that he/she has selected. Tennessee Transfer Pathways (with Required Courses) for many of the area universities are listed on the Pellissippi State website. If a particular college or university or a specific major is not listed, this information can be acquired from that school's website or Admissions Office. View more information on local education programs.