Testing Center Policies and Procedures
Please review Testing Center Usage Policies and Examinee Misconduct before you arrive for your first test. If you have any questions or concerns, ask your proctor before you begin your test, or contact our office. Rules concerning cell phones are strictly enforced. Testing Center computers are monitored electronically and the Testing Center may be under video surveillance.
How the Testing Center Works (for students and instructors)
Instructors leave tests with proctors at the Testing Centers during regular open hours, or bring tests to our Pellissippi Campus office (ERC 120E) Monday-Friday 8-4:30 p.m. Test Authorization forms are available at all Testing Centers and in our office. Instructors can also access a PDF copy of the Test Authorization form by logging into MyPellissippi, selecting the Faculty tab, then clicking the Test Authorization Form link under Additional Links.
Students should check with their instructors regarding test availability, or stop by the Testing Center during our regular open hours. We cannot check test availability for students over the phone. A valid photo ID is required to test. Pellissippi students must bring their Pellissippi photo ID. Please only bring the items you need for your test into the Testing Center. Lockers for personal items are available on the Pellissippi Campus; the lockers lock with a quarter and will release your quarter back to you when you insert the key and turn it to the right.
Students should arrive in time to finish their tests before the Testing Center closes. The Testing Centers will not allow a student to begin a test within thirty minutes of closing. Present your ID and tell the proctor which instructor you are testing for. If you do not know your instructor's name, you can go to the library reference computers to look up your class schedule. Scan your Pellissippi ID when the proctor tells you to do so. The proctor will give you information regarding your test, including how long you have to take it. Students are responsible for tracking their own time while testing, although the proctor will give you a timer. Clocks are clearly visible in the Testing Centers. When you have finished your test, follow your instructor's directions for submitting online or bring paper/pencil tests to the proctor. Scan out before leaving.
After a student takes a test, the instructor will pick the test up in the Testing Center during regular open hours or in the Pellissippi Campus Testing office in ERC 120E (Monday-Friday from 8-4:30 p.m). This is now a computerized process and should take very little time. Please contact the Testing office to make arrangements to have tests sent to branch campuses for pick-up. Student workers can pick up tests, but we require the instructor to send a note authorizing the student by name, and we will require the student worker to present photo ID before we can release tests to him or her.
- No cell phones or other electronic devices.
- No backpacks, purses, etc.
- No food or drink.
- You are responsible for securing your belongings. You may not leave them in the proctor room.
- The Testing Center does not provide quarters for lockers.
- Once you receive your test, you may not leave the Testing Center without submitting your test to the proctor. You may not leave the Testing Center and return to finish your test later.
- Violation of Testing Center policies will result in your immediate dismissal.
- Giving or receiving unauthorized assistance of any kind
- Using any aids (books, notes, calculators, computers, websites, etc.) that are not authorized in writing by the instructor
- Attempting to take an examination for someone else
- Failing to follow examination regulations or instructions of the staff
- Causing a disturbance of any kind
- Removing or attempting to remove questions and/or responses or notes (in any format) from the Testing Center
- Attempting to remove scratch paper from the Testing Center
- Tampering with the operation of the computer or attempting to use it for any function other than taking the examination
- Sharing a calculator with other examinees
- Sharing notes with other examinees
- Talking with other examinees during an examination
Engaging in misconduct may result in a failing grade and further disciplinary action, including but not limited to suspension of Testing Center privileges.