Rocky Top Transfer Program
The Rocky Top Transfer Program allows students who have been wait-listed at the University of Tennessee to start their higher education journey at Pellissippi State Community College. Students participating in this program enroll at Pellissippi State and complete a minimum of 24 transferrable credit hour requirements with at least a 2.5 GPA. They will then be guaranteed transfer admission at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville for fall 2023.
Why Choose Rocky Top Transfer Program?
Students who participate in the Rocky Top Transfer Program are offered a guaranteed admission opportunity for fall 2023 as well as possible eligibility for the Rocky Top Transfer Scholarship.
Guaranteed Admission Requirements
Students who complete a minimum of 24 transferrable credit hours of coursework at Pellissippi State and maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA or higher are guaranteed admission into any non-competitive UT program. For information about admission into UT’s competitive programs such as Engineering and Nursing, see below.
Student Checklist and Next Steps
- Confirm your place in the program by May 2, 2022, by completing the confirmation form in UT’s Go Vols Portal.
- Apply to Pellissippi State
- Submit your current HS transcript and ACT or SAT scores to Pellissippi State.
- Please note: In order to place students in the right classes, students are required to provide ACT/SAT test scores or take placement exams (Accuplacer) if no scores are provided. This is to ensure accurate course advising prior to class registration at Pellissippi State . Exam results may require enrollment for the summer 2023 semester.
- Add Pellissippi State to your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Once confirmed, Rocky Top Transfer Program students will work with Pellissippi State advisors to enroll in classes either in-person at any Pellissippi State campus or online.
- Complete a minimum of 24 transferrable credit hours at Pellissippi State and maintain a minimum 2.5 Pellissippi State GPA.
- Opt-in to earn an associate degree from Pellissippi State while attending UT through the Tennessee Reverse Transfer Program. Remember, you must give UT permission to opt you into this program.
Additional departmental review is required for UT’s competitive programs. Students not admitted into a competitive program will be admitted to the University Early Transition program.
Competitive programs include:
- Online Bachelor of Science in Social Work
- Interior Architecture
- Graphic Design
Students with less than a 2.5 cumulative GPA pursuing a Business Administration major are required to complete College Algebra for admissions consideration.
Rocky Top Transfer Scholarship
The Rocky Top Transfer Scholarship is a scholarship opportunity exclusively for students who participate in the Rocky Top Transfer Program. This scholarship requires enrollment at UT immediately after completing 24 Pellissippi State degree-applicable credits and a minimum 3.25 Pellissippi State GPA (not including summer semester). This scholarship is renewable for up to three years. You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to be considered for this scholarship.
Pellissippi State GPA
|Rocky Top Transfer Scholarship Annual Award Amounts|
(Six Semesters Max)
Tri-Star Scholarship Program (In-State Only)
Tennessee residents who participate in the Rocky Top Transfer Program may also be eligible for scholarships in the Tri-Star Scholarship Program. Eligible Rocky Top Transfer Program students entering UT in fall 2023 qualify to receive these scholarships up to six semesters (three years).
For more information, visit UT’s One Stop website. You must be a US citizen or permanent resident to be considered for these awards.
Off-Campus Housing Options
Virtual Walk-In Queue
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.