Whether you’re reconnecting with college after some time off or starting college for the first time, Pellissippi State Community College can help adults like you learn a new skill or prepare for a new career through its wide selection of associate’s degrees, certificates, and transfer programs.
The College also makes going back to school easier by offering four campuses in Knox and Blount counties, as well as orientation sessions, advising and counseling services, free online and one-on-one tutoring, and much more.
Designed to provide busy adults the opportunity to fit a high-quality college education into their lives, Pellissippi State’s online programs are affordable, accessible, and obtainable. It’s tuition-free for eligible Tennessee residents (via TN Promise & TN Reconnect), and features fully online degrees & certificates.
Prior Learning Assessment can allow you to gain academic credit for skills and knowledge you’ve already learned. You may qualify for PLA for learning you acquired through work, employer training programs, military service, independent study, volunteer work or community service, and open source courseware study.
Tennessee Reconnect is an initiative to help more adults return to higher education. Gaining new skills, advancement in the workplace, and fulfilling lifelong dreams of completing a degree or credential are just a few of the motivations behind TN Reconnect.
- Complete Pellissippi State admission application at pstcc.edu/admissions
- Complete the current year’s FAFSA at studentaid.gov
- Complete TN Reconnect application at tnreconnect.gov
- Be classified as independent on the FAFSA or be at least 23 years old
- Do not have an associate or bachelor’s degree
- Be a TN resident
- Must enroll in at least 6 credit hours toward an associate degree
- File FAFSA each year
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA for academic year
- Maintain continuous enrollment and attendance at least part time (6 hours)
- Last dollar scholarship after all federal and state aid
- Currently enrolled students are eligible
- Not dependent on income level or past grade point average
FAFSA filing deadlines
- Fall: September 1
- Spring: February 1
- Summer: February 1
For more information, call 865-694-6400 or text 865-207-6400
Pellissippi State honors the service and sacrifice of our student veterans and their families. We are here to support all military affiliated students by providing an inclusive and welcoming environment to begin your path to a workforce credential, career and technical degree or transfer to a four year university.
Our VA School Certifying Official is here to provide information on your educational benefits, maintain your student records in accordance with federal guidelines, and approve and certify your enrollment each semester. Our SCO is Kelsy Fritts and you may contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org