We want your experience to be rewarding and memorable. We encourage students to be involved in campus activities, challenge themselves academically, learn more about the American culture and language, and make new friends from the around the world.
Pellissippi State Community College offers Associate Degree career programs and university transfer pathways to help students reach their academic and professional goals.
First-Year Freshman Applicants
This option is for students seeking an associates degree through the college.
This option is for students currently studying at a different institution in America and already on an F-1 visa.
Steps for Enrolling for International Students (F-1 Visas)
1. Apply to attend Pellissippi State
- Please use one of the Apply buttons above to begin your application process
- Complete each page of the application and then select Application Complete to submit your application.
- The international admissions specialist will contact you by email to follow up.
2. You will be asked to provide further documents
- Provide proof of your English language proficiency. This can be done in any one of these ways:
- Submit TOEFL or IELTS scores
- Submit ACT or SAT scores
- Take the Michigan English Test (appointment required)
- Send us an official copy of your high school and college transcripts, if you have prior college-level experience. All transcripts from institutions outside of the U.S. must be evaluated by an approved credential evaluation company prior to admission. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for
- Submit a copy of the identification page of your passport.
- Submit immunization records. Students must submit proof of:
- 2 doses of MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella) or proof of immunity
- 2 doses of Varicella (Chicken Pox) or proof of immunity
- Certification of Freedom from Tuberculosis
- Complete the Pellissippi State Immigration Information forms. The international admissions specialist will provide these forms to you
- Submit your Financial Support documents. You will receive a Financial Support Form to further explain this process.
All Pellissippi State students who wish to receive credit for courses taken at an international college or university must submit the required documents to an approved credential evaluation service. This process ensures that students have access to a fair and accurate assessment of the credentials by experienced evaluators.
The following guidelines have been set for international credential evaluations at Pellissippi State:
- It is the student’s responsibility to initiate the evaluation process with the evaluation service. Please request a ‘course by course’ evaluation. Please be aware that these services will charge a fee to the student. Please contact the evaluation service to verify the current fee amount
- After the evaluation service receives all of the required documents from the student, it will submit an evaluation report to Pellissippi State with their recommendations for academic credit
- Pellissippi State will apply credit from the evaluation report according to the student’s major. In some cases the College may require course descriptions or other additional information provided by the student’s international college or university.
- Pellissippi State reserves the right to interpret the evaluation report and to determine course equivalencies. Some courses such as English 1010, for example do not have equivalencies at international universities.