Academic Support Center
Welcome to the Academic Support Center. With convenient locations on each Pellissippi State campus, we are your one-stop shop for tutoring, mentoring and supplemental instruction.
Pellissippi State’s Academic Support Center offers free tutoring services virtually and on all campuses. Schedules, locations and hours of operations can be found here.
Instructions for virtual tutoring are below. For more information call 865-539-7079.
Math tutors can help you with My Math Lab and other class assignments, but tutors aren’t allowed to help you with quizzes or take-home tests.
The Writing Center
Tutors in The Writing Center can review your written assignments and citation pages. Writing tutors are not allowed to edit your paper but can offer suggestions. We can also offer writing ethics advice and creative thinking ideas.
Virtual Tutoring Instructions
To connect with a writing tutor virtually for assistance with written assignments for your classes:
- From your Pellissippi State email account, email your paper to firstname.lastname@example.org as a Microsoft Word document. We are unable to provide comments to a pdf or other types of documents.
- Include the instructions and rubric for the assignment, your P#, course name (Ex. ENGL 1010) and instructor’s name in your email.
- If you prefer to be contacted by a tutor via Microsoft Teams, please indicate that in your email
- Be patient. It could take a while for a response. We guarantee a response within 24 hours.
To connect with non-writing tutors for assistance with other assignments:
Send an email from your Pellissippi State email account to email@example.com with the following information:
- What subject? Example: MATH 1530
- What topic? Example: Hypothesis Testing
- Who is your instructor?
- What is your Pellissippi ID number (P#)?
After following the instructions above, a tutor will contact you as soon as possible through Microsoft Teams. Before emailing our tutors, please be sure to have Teams open on your computer. This is a free program available for all Pellissippi State students. To access Teams, visit www.office.com and sign in with your Pellissippi State credentials, then click the Teams icon to launch the program in your web browser.