Pellissippi State Credit by Examination
Students who believe their prior academic or work experience fulfills requirements for a particular course may request permission to receive credit for the course through taking an examination in lieu of attending the course. The Pellissippi State Credit Exam fee is $25.
- Minimum high school or college GPA of 2.5
- Submit Credit by Examination Form
- $25 non-refundable fee prior to taking exam
- Deadline for fall semester is September 15
- Deadline for spring semester is February 15
- The student selects the appropriate request form below and fill it out.
- The student submits the form, which will route it to the department dean.
- Department dean reviews request, approves or denies request, and informs student of decision.
- If request is approved, the dean will provide instructions for paying testing fee at the Cashier’s office.
- After fee payment, the student can take the test.
- Test is returned to department office and evaluated by a committee of department faculty.
- The dean sends exam and completed Credit by Exam form to vice president of Academic Affairs, who approves or denies granting of credit, then sends packet to the Records Office.
- The Records office verifies that the fee payment has been received for course, records the credit, and notifies the student.
Below you will find a list of the courses for which exams for credit are given.
|Subject Area||Pellissippi State Course||Credit Hours Awarded|
|COMPOSITION||ENGL 1010||English Composition I||3|
|ENGL 1020||English Composition II||3|
|ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY||ENST 1370||Manufacturing Processes||3|
|ENST 1340||Machine Tool Technology||3|
|METC 1310||Statics with Applications||3|
|METC 2310||Strength of Materials||3|
|ENST 1351||GD & T||3|
|MATH||MATH 1010||Math for General Studies||3|
|MATH 1030||Introduction of College Mathematics||3|
|MATH 1130||College Algebra||3|
|MATH 1530||Introductory Statistics||3|
|MATH 1710||Precalculus Algebra||3|
|MATH 1720||Precalculus Trigonometry||3|
|MATH 1830||Basic Calculus & Modeling||4|
|MATH 1910||Calculus I||4|
|BUSINESS||ADMN 1311||Word Processing I||3|
|ADMN 1302||Keyboarding/Formatting I||3|
|ADMN 1313||Spreadsheet Applications||3|
|ADMN 2306||Legal Terminology & Transcription||3|
|ADMN 1306||Medical Terminology I||3|
|ADMN 2325||Medical Terminology II||3|
|CITC 1310/1110||Programming I & Lab||4|
|CITC 1320||A+ Hardware and Software||3|
|CITC 1302/1102||Introduction to Networking & Lab||4|
|CITC 1330||Microsoft Desktop OS||3|
|CITC 1303||Database Concepts||3|
|CITC 2326||Network Security||3|
|SOCIAL SCIENCE||ANTH 1130||Introduction to Physical Anthropology||3|
|ANTH 1430||Prehistoric Archaeology||3|
|ANTH 1230||Introduction to Cultural Anthropology||3|
|PSYC 1030||General Psychology||3|
|NATURAL SCIENCES||BIOL 1110||General Biology I||4|
|BIOL 1120||General Biology II||4|
|BIOL 2400||Principles of Nutrition||3|
|CHEM 1010||Principles of Chemistry||4|
|CHEM 1110||General Chemistry I||4|
|CHEM 1120||General Chemistry II||4|
|LIBERAL ARTS||FREN 1010||Beginning French I||3|
|FREN 1020||Beginning French II||3|
|FREN 2010||Intermediate French I||3|
|FREN 2020||Intermediate French II||3|
|GERM 1010||Beginning German I||3|
|GERM 1020||Beginning German II||3|
|GERM 2010||Intermediate German I||3|
|GERM 2020||Intermediate German II||3|
|MUS 1030||Music Appreciation||3|
|MUS 1027||Class Piano I||3|
|MUS 1127||Class Piano II||3|
|SPAN 1010||Beginning Spanish I||3|
|SPAN 1020||Beginning Spanish II||3|
|SPAN 2010||Intermediate Spanish I||3|
|SPAN 2020||Intermediate Spanish II||3|
Credit for Welding may be awarded on a case-by-case basis based on demonstration of skills. Please contact Brock Evans, email@example.com.