Testing Center Policies and Procedures
To keep your test secure and to maintain confidentiality, the Testing Center has procedures and policies that regulate your behavior in the Testing Center. Any student who takes a test in the Testing Center — whether or not he or she is a Pellissippi State student — must comply with these regulations. Failure to do so many mean that you are ineligible to take your exam, or may lead to harsher academic penalties.
Testing Center computers are monitored electronically, and the Testing Center may be under video surveillance.
If you have questions or concerns, ask your instructor or proctor before your exam begins or contact our office at 865.694.6454.
What do I bring into the Testing Center?
Pellissippi State students must bring their valid student ID. Test-takers who are not Pellissippi State students must bring a valid, government-issued photo ID, like a driver’s license. Some examinations may allow calculators, notes or textbooks.
What do I NOT bring into the Testing Center?
Only the Testing Center on the Hardin Valley Campus offers lockers in which to keep personal items. Storing items costs $0.25, which you are reimbursed when you check out. In general, do not bring into the Testing Center any personal items or items that you do not need to complete the exam.
The following items are not permitted in the Testing Center:
- Food and drink
- Hats, caps and other headgear, with the exception of headgear worn for religious reasons
- Carried-in clothing
- Writing implements and notebook paper
- Cell phones and electronic devices, including flash drives and fitness tracking devices
- Bags, backpacks and purses
What is the procedure when I arrive, take my test and leave?
Arrive in time to check in and complete your test before the Testing Center closes. You can’t begin a test within thirty minutes of the Testing Center’s closing time.
Present your photo ID to the proctor on site and scan it into the testing system. Your proctor will provide information about your test, including how long you have to take it. The proctor may give you a timer and any testing aids specified by your instructor. You are responsible for tracking your own time.
Once you receive your test, you may not leave the Testing Center without submitting your test to the proctor. You may not leave the Testing Center and return to finish your test later.
When you have finished your test, follow the proctor’s instructions for submitting online or bring hard copy materials, including your writing implements and scratch paper, to the proctor. Scan out before leaving.
What conduct am I expected to exhibit?
Anyone taking an exam in the Testing Center must demonstrate responsible academic conduct. Those taking exams are expected to always follow the examination’s regulations and the instructions of Testing Center staff.
Test-takers may not:
- Give or receive unauthorized assistance of any kind
- Use any aids (including books, notes, calculators, computers and websites) that are not authorized in writing by the instructor
- Attempt to take an examination for someone else
- Cause any kind of disturbance in the Testing Center
- Remove or attempt to remove questions, responses, notes or scratch paper from the Testing Center
- Share notes or calculators with other test-takers
- Tamper with the operation of the testing computer, or attempt to use it for any function other than taking the exam
- Talk to other test-takers during the exam
What happens if I violate a Testing Center policy?
Any violation of our policies will result in your immediate dismissal from the Testing Center. If you engage in misconduct, you may not only be dismissed from the Testing Center, but may face a failing grade on your exam and further disciplinary action, including (but not limited to) suspension of Testing Center privileges.