Skip to content
Home » Disability Services

Disability Services

Disability Services

Disability Services coordinates services and accommodations for students with disabilities. To be eligible, students must self-identify to our office by completing the application for accommodations and provide appropriate documentation. The application for accommodations and submission of documentation is for students who have not previously registered with Disability Services.

Once you have applied as a student to Pellissippi State, you can access Disability Services forms through your myPellissippi account.

How should I prepare for college?

First, practice being your own best advocate. Be prepared to explain your disability and the kinds of accommodations you may need. Part of this process is providing documentation of your disability(ies).

You can follow the guided path through enrolling at Pellissippi State beginning with Admissions. We encourage you to contact us during the Admissions process, so any accommodations you may need are in place before any required placement tests.

Steps for Registering with Disability Services and Receiving Accommodations

Registration Process

  1. Log in to myPellissippi
  2. Under Student Self-Service, select Student Forms
  3. Locate the Disability Services section
  4. Select Apply For Services and complete the application (new students only- this means students that are new to Disability Services)

Managing Your Accommodations (done each semester)

  1. Log in to myPellissippi
  2. Under Student Self-Service, select Student Forms
  3. Locate the Disability Services section
  4. Select Manage Accommodation Requests

Documentation Guidelines

Before accommodation requests can be completed, professional documentation of a disability will be requested.  Please be aware that there are differences between accommodations received in high school and those available in college.

Documentation Forms

What does Disability Services provide?

Disability Services provides individualized accommodation plans and services to qualified students.

Formal Grievance Procedure

Any Pellissippi State student with a disability who has reason to feel that he or she has been affected by discrimination should contact George Underwood, in the Goins Administration Building, Room 258, Hardin Valley Campus or call 865-539-7354.

If you have a complaint regarding discrimination or harassment, please fill out the Discrimination/Harassment/Sexual Misconduct Complaint Form. 

For more information, view the Nondiscrimination Policy.

Contact Us

Disability Services
Hardin Valley Campus
Alexander Building, Room 130
Fax: 865-539-7699

chat loading…


Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Facebook