The Testing Center provides accessible and secure testing facilities for students and the community. College course exams do not require an appointment. However, most other exams (correspondence, CLEP, HiSET, HESI, etc.) do require an appointment and may require a test fee.
To schedule your exam and pay your proctor fee for the CLEP, DSST, CERTIPORT, or HESI exam, visit https://www.registerblast.com/pstcc. The Testing Center’s hours may vary by campus. The Testing Center is closed when the college is, including for holidays and for weather- or emergency-related closures and delays.
Locations and Hours
Summer 2022 Hours: The Hardin Valley Campus Testing Center will open May 31. Blount County, Magnolia Avenue and Strawberry Plains Campuses will open June 2. The Division Street Campus Testing Center will be closed for the summer.
All Testing Centers will be closed July 4.
From the high school equivalency test (HiSET) to correspondence testing and credit-by-examinations like CLEP and DSST, the Testing Center is available to meet your testing needs.
Exit exams and entrance exams are scheduled and administered through the Admissions office.
Testing Center Policies & Procedures
To keep your test secure and to maintain confidentiality, the Testing Center has procedures and policies that regulate behavior in the Testing Center. Any student who takes a test in the Testing Center — whether or not he or she is a Pellissippi State student — must comply with these regulations. Please read over the Testing Center Policies before using the Testing Center.
Please remember, an Pellissippi State student ID is required for entrance into the Testing Center. Test-takers who are not Pellissippi State students must bring a valid, government-issued photo ID like a driver’s license.
No personal items are allowed in the Testing Centers.
The Testing Center at Pellissippi State will provide high-quality testing services that are essential for the educational and professional advancement of is its users.
The Pellissippi State Community College Testing Center mission is to enhance the academic mission of the College by providing comprehensive, accessible, secure, high-quality testing services for students, faculty, and the public, including outside organizations. This mission will be achieved by:
- Providing a quiet, clean, professional, accommodating testing environment to cultivate a positive testing experience
- Offering a variety of testing programs that will guide and facilitate learning and support the achievement of professional and personal educational goals
- Utilizing the latest technologies and strategies to ensure academic integrity and fairness
- Facilitating the on-campus and distance-learning needs of our users
- Collaborating with the College and external partners
- Providing exemplary customer service
- Adhering to the National College Testing Association Professional Standards and Guidelines