Enroll at Pellissippi State
Welcome! We’re glad that you’ve chosen Pellissippi State. We’re here to help you start strong, stay strong and finish strong.
Your path to becoming a student begins with applying to the college. The steps below will give you an overview of everything you need to do before the first day of class.
1. Apply to attend Pellissippi State
- Complete the application here.
- Submit official high school transcripts, GED/HISET scores or home-school transcript.
- If you’ve attended college at another institution, submit your official college transcripts.
2. Log in to myPellissippi
- After applying to Pellissippi State you will receive a letter by postal mail containing your username, Pnumber (student ID) and instructions on how to log into your myPellissippi account. myPellissippi is your personalized portal to many vital College resources.
- Contact the Computer HelpDesk if you get stuck. Text 865-518-4457, or call 865-694-6537.
- Check your myPellissippi alert box regularly for updates on your application and items that require your action.
- You will receive all college communications through your Pellissippi State email. To log in, use the same user name and password that you use to log into myPellissippi.
3. Submit test scores or take the entrance exam
- Test scores can be submitted via the Secure Document Upload for Students and Parents, or students can request their high school counselor send it to the College directly.
- Submit ACT/SAT scores if test was taken within the last five years.
- Students who do not have valid scores may choose to take an entrance test or be automatically placed into learning support courses.
- Students with college-level transfer credit in English and math are not required to submit ACT/SAT scores or take an entrance test.
- Students with an unweighted 3.6 GPA or higher are not required to submit ACT/SAT scores or take an entrance test.
4. Apply for Financial Aid
- All degree-seeking students should apply for financial aid.
- You (and your parent if you are a dependent) should create a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) at https://fsaid.ed.gov.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.studentaid.gov using your FSA ID.
- Enter the Pellissippi State school code: 012693.
- Complete the Pellissippi State Scholarship Application.
- Check myPellissippi to ensure that Pellissippi State has received your FAFSA and that there are no outstanding documents you need to submit.
- If you are planning to receive TN Promise, Hope Scholarship or TN Reconnect, log into the TSAC student portal to ensure you have Pellissippi State listed as your designated school.
5. See an advisor and register for classes
6. Attend New Student Orientation
- New Student Orientation is required for all new degree-seeking students.
- To sign up, visit www.pstcc.edu/orientation.
- After you have signed up, watch for an email from your orientation leader in your Pellissippi State email. Your orientation leader is a current student who will be your guide through your “new panther orientation experience.”
7. Confirm attendance and pay tuition
Pay tuition and fees in myPellissippi, by mail or in person at Student Account Services in the Goins Building on the Hardin Valley Campus. Even if you are receiving full financial aid, you must confirm your schedule in myPellissippi. Pay attention to payment and confirmation deadlines or your class schedules could be canceled.