Enroll at Pellissippi State
Enrollment Checklist for New Students
Everyone is welcome to take classes at Pellissippi State! To begin the process, follow each step below in order to ensure a seamless experience with your enrollment. If you would like to see a list of majors within our Career Communities, click here.
1. Apply to attend Pellissippi State
- Complete the application here.
- Order each item that applies to you:
- Completed High school or homeschool transcript
- GED/HISET scores
- Any prior institutions attended, including dual enrollment (if not at PSCC)
- ACT/SAT test scores
- Advanced Placement (AP) test scores from College Board
- International institution transcripts (evaluated and translated)
- Joint Service Transcripts or Community College of the Air Force Transcripts (Veterans only)
*To be considered official transcripts, they must be sent by the institution directly to Pellissippi State.
**All applications will result in an account creation. Proceed to step 2.
2. Activate your accounts
- To get your Pnumber (student ID), wait three business days after applying, then go to pstcc.edu/pnlookup to look up your Pnumber, college email and password.
- Log into office.com to set up a new password and multifactor authentication.
- Log into your myPellissippi account—your personalized portal to vital College resources.
- Contact the HelpDesk if you get stuck. Call 865.694.6537 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Entrance testing
- Testing may not be required if:
- ACT/SAT test scores are less than 5 years old
- College level transfer credit in English and/or Math
- High School GPA is 3.6 or higher unweighted
- TOEFL, IELTS, or Michigan Test taken within last 5 years (Non-native English-speaking students only)
- Students who do not have valid scores may choose to take an entrance test or be automatically placed into learning support courses.
- If a test is required, log in to myPellissippi (check alert box) and email Start Strong at email@example.com or use the live chat to verify which test to sign up for, as well as the password for the test.
5. Apply for financial aid
- Create a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) at studentaid.gov (up to 3 business day wait).
- Once the email is received from the Department of Education, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at studentaid.gov using your FSA ID.
- Enter the Pellissippi State school code: 012693.
- Check myPellissippi to ensure that Pellissippi State has received your FAFSA and that there are no outstanding documents you need to submit (may take up to 2 weeks to appear in account).
- If you are planning to receive TN Promise, Hope Scholarship or TN Reconnect, log into the TSAC student portal to ensure you have Pellissippi State listed as your designated school.
- If you are planning to use Veteran benefits, please go to va.gov to apply. For any questions, call the VA Education Center at (888)442-4551.
- Upon receipt of certificate of eligibility, send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interested in PSCC scholarships? Complete the Pellissippi State Scholarship Application. For questions, email email@example.com.
6. Meet with an advisor to register for classes
- First-time, degree-seeking students should meet with an advisor before registering for classes.
- To schedule an in-person or virtual appointment, use Navigate Student (mobile app or desktop version) to schedule an appointment. You will select Advising and then your Career Community. For example, if you are a Business student, you would select “Advising – Business.”
- Once an appointment is made, watch your PSCC webmail for communication from the Advisor.
7. Complete student orientation
- Student Orientation is required for all new degree-seeking students.
- Complete the self-paced Online Orientation.
- Attend an On-campus Connection Orientation.
8. Confirm schedule and pay tuition
- Every student planning to attend must confirm their schedule in myPellissippi
- Pay tuition and fees in myPellissippi or in person at Student Account Services in the Goins Building on the Hardin Valley Campus (no cash accepted.)
- While confirming your schedule, if you do not see Financial Aid and are taken to a payment screen, follow up with Start Strong at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are using a fee waiver, discount form or have a third party sponsor to pay all or part of your fees, submit documentation to email@example.com.
- If you click “No, I will not attend”, your classes will be dropped.
- Out of State Tuition – submit a copy of your TN Driver’s License through the Secure File Upload link in myPellissippi.