Welcome to Pellissippi State!
Welcome – or welcome back – to Pellissippi State! We’re glad you’re here.
Whether you’re a new or returning student, we want you to be successful in your educational journey. We’ve created this Welcome webpage for a quick overview of what you need to know to get started this semester.
And, of course, don’t be afraid to ask one of our friendly folks if you have questions!
ABBREVIATIONS AND ACRONYMS
- MWF: Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- NSO: New Student Orientation
- P#: Student Identification Number
- SEAL: Student Engagement And Leadership
- SGA: Student Government Association
- TnCIS: Tennessee Consortium for International Studies
- TR: Tuesday and Thursday
- AL: Alexander Building
- BA: Bagwell Center
- CPAC: Clayton Performing Arts Center
- ER/ERC: Educational Resources Center
- GN: Goins Building
- HC: Bill Haslam Center for Math and Science
- MC: McWherter Building
- PRTB: Portables
- SAC: Student Assistance Center
- SRC: Student Recreation Center
- BL: Blount County Campus
- DV: Division Street Campus
- HV: Hardin Valley Campus
- MA: Magnolia Avenue Campus
- ST: Strawberry Plains Campus
- Aug. 22: Fall 2022 classes begin
- Aug. 24: Last day to add a class
- Aug. 30: Deadline to confirm schedule and pay fees (if registered after Aug. 15)
- Sept. 4: Last day to drop a class without a grade of “W”
- Sept. 5: Labor Day: College closed, no classes
- Oct. 10-11: Fall Break
- Oct. 19: Registration begins for Spring and Summer 2023
- Oct. 28: Last day to drop a class with a grade of “W”
- Nov. 19: Deadline to apply for graduation
- Nov. 24-27: Thanksgiving: College closed, no classes
- Dec. 3: Last day of classes
- Dec. 5-8: Final Exams (View Exam Schedule)
- Dec. 9: Commencement
If your question isn’t answered, please call 865-694-6400 or text 865-270-6400.
(Click on the headings below for more information!)
The Stay Strong Multicultural Center, located in Alexander 108 on the Hardin Valley Campus, provides a welcoming, supportive space for African American students as they transition into or continue their education at Pellissippi State. Service to traditionally underrepresented, underserved students centers the work of the Multicultural Center. Success coaches work closely with students to support academic planning, study skills and campus engagement. This support is also available for nontraditional students. For more information, contact the Stay Strong Multicultural Center at 865.539.7160 or email email@example.com.
Nonacademic needs (food, transportation, utilities, rent, etc.)
Students do not require parking permits. Students can park in any lot designated with an O for Open, and parking is free. Click here for campus maps.
Stay Strong Success Center
The Stay Strong Success Center is comprised of Success Coaching, Student Orientation and the Multicultural Center. We help students navigate the many transitions and challenges they may encounter during their college experience. Academic planning, study skills and mentoring are at the heart of a success coach’s work. The Success Center, located in Goins 157 on the Hardin Valley Campus, offers study space, snacks, and a place to connect with peers in a relaxed setting. We emphasize student belonging — helping students find community at Pellissippi State and affirming this college as a place where students can achieve their goals.
Students may come to any campus during regular hours of operation, without an appointment, to have their picture taken and student ID card made. Bring identification such as a driver’s license to:
- Hardin Valley Campus (Two Locations) – Open Computer Lab (ERC 327) Or Information Technology Desk (GN240)
- Site campuses – Campus Library
Students who are unable to visit one of our campuses in person may use a driver’s license for proctored tests. The College will no longer be sending ID cards through the mail.
Student Recreation Center (the Bubble)
The Bubble on the Hardin Valley Campus is open 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays and 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. on Fridays. The Bubble is very well ventilated, and equipment has been spread out to allow for more distance between users.
Thank you for your interest in the Office of Veterans Services at Pellissippi State. Our veteran community includes not only students, but numerous faculty and staff. We strive to create a supportive campus where student veterans are encouraged to reach their educational goals and are celebrated for those accomplishments. Support services for student veterans include:
- The Ben Atchley Veterans Success Lounge on the Hardin Valley Campus (ERC Room 123) provides access to computers and printers, as well as a lounge area with TV, food and coffee to relax and connect with other veterans.
- VA Certifying official – Kelsy Fritts, 865.539.7368, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advisor – Kelsy Fritts, email@example.com
- Veteran textbook/laptop loan program through our Libraries
- Student Veteran Club – The Pellissippi Patriots
- VA Work Study Opportunities
- Prior Learning Assessment (academic credits for your military training)
- Graduation celebration each fall and spring semester
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about these support services or the College.